- This event has passed.
We are all leaders – developing an ‘Outward Mindset’ for positive relationships in tough times Masterclass
Delivered by the NHS London Leadership Academy and Optimus OD, delivered via Zoom
Outline of the Programme
The number one challenge of NHS and other care organisations is retaining and attracting colleagues in an already stretched service. One overlooked solution is ‘interpersonal resilience’. This is the resilience we gain from the quality of our work relationships and our levels of civility in the way we interact with others. Everyone can play their part by adopting an Outward Mindset that drives respectful relationship building behaviour:
In this 60 minute masterclass, you will cover:
- What is interpersonal resilience and why its crucial to surviving such difficult times
- Understand the difference between an Inward & Outward mindset
- Why we build our relationships and interpersonal resilience through how we regard others (Outward Mindset drives civility)
- Self reflection and discussion where ‘I’ might be negatively impacting others and reducing others resilience
- Tools and ideas for how we can play our part to create a resilient team or culture
Delegates will receive:
- PDF of slides
- 8 page professional summary of best-selling book
- Access to further Outward Mindset resources
Who is this session for:
The NHS Leadership Academy provides leadership development for people of all backgrounds and experiences across health and care.
Wednesday 15th February – 12pm-1pm
- Thursday 23rd February – 12pm-1pm
When you complete the registration form, please block this session out in your diary. Joining instructions will be sent a week before the workshop.
Alec Grimsley has devoted 17 years of his life to understanding human relationships and the impact mindset has on civility, respect and resourceful teams. 28 executive teams have trusted him with facilitating some of their most difficult conversations (16 within the NHS) and over 12,000 NHS leaders and employees have attended his workshops. Alec is also an author and has written for the UK press. His book “Vital Conversations” reached number 1 in the leadership category of Amazon (UK). In one current project, Alec is supporting and developing seven Chief Executives, who are working on a multi-organisational collaboration programme to integrate health and social care.
Book your Place:
If you are unable to attend the above session please register via our Expression of Interest page, this will help us to understand the demand for our programmes and plan accordingly. You will also be notified when we release new dates for this workshop.
If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email [email protected]
Unfortunately this event is now fully booked. Please do contact [email protected] by email to be placed onto a waiting list.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Jake Cutting